[X4U] Battery

Kuestner, Bjoern Bjoern.Kuestner at drkw.com
Mon Nov 21 04:03:44 PST 2005

You can try the following:

Calibrate the battery
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86284-en

Reset the Power Management Unit

But I doubt this will help in your case. Most likely your battery is simply
dead. Get a new one.

Of all the battery advice I have heard over the years I found the following
two most effective:
- Avoid warmer than room temperature conditions for your battery
- Avoid running the laptop from the power adaptor while the battery is fully
charged. Instead use the battery like it was designed to be used: Charge,
run off the battery, charge, run off the battery, ... . Yes, these cycles
will put some stress on the battery, as you can read elsewhere. But LiIon
are much more susceptible to high charges when their selfdestructive
chemical tendencies (no kidding) will hurt the battery the most. This self
destruction drops off dramatically for charges below 80% (and in standard
temperature). So if you just use the battery, you will mostly keep your
battery exactly in those conditions.

One hour is not good from the start. Maybe you are not using energy settings
in an efficient way?

Hope that helps,

Bjorn