[X4U] **RANT** video stuff on the web

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Mon Nov 21 17:22:24 PST 2005

I don't know why Windows Media Player will not play WMV files on a Mac it
pisses me off too. It should, shouldn't it? VLC sometimes works when WMP
won't. I have Real Player installed. Why don't you like it?

Quicktime used to be "the standard" if there ever was one but it's a
question of Microsoft'$ aggressive marketing dominance that shifts the world
to its "standard" and the sheep just fall in line. M$ is not interested in
any cross platform solutions. M$ is not interested in helping any website
admin make any web page more Mac friendly. But complain to the web masters
anyway maybe enough mosquito bites will make the bastards scratch. We must
fight!

As an aside.....It's unbelievable where I work how many of the IT people
just lap up every last drop of bullshit from Microsoft like it's manna from
heaven. Filthy brown faces everyone of them. And of course Gates and the
brilliant engineers at M$ invented everything the internet, web browsers,
online streaming video, mp3s, the personal computer and the world wide web
all by themselves Apple, Linux, Tim Berners-Lee, Torvalds and everybody else
are just trying to rip them off. Pity poor M$.

My rant over...

"It's sheep we're up against"
--The Housemartins

Richard