[X4U] **RANT** video stuff on the web

net kat netkat at comcast.net
Tue Nov 22 07:08:55 PST 2005

Heh..been there myself..

Interesting word, "standard."  We live in an age when words have had
their meanings so distorted that by rights, everything spoken or
written needs to have a disclaimer.

I think that Quicktime *is* a standard, but in the professional film/
video industry. It's common on the web, but as we all know the
internets are a political football for m$ to try to dominate, and
you'll always encounter sites which just don't work unless you're a
good little boy or girl and use the "right" platform.

For me, the choice is simple: Mac hardware and OS are FAR more
important to my work than some protectionist petty tyrant on the
internet, FAR more important than the needs of m$. So, when something
doesn't work (rare bcs all my online haunts are mac-friendly) I just
say, "oh, well" and move on.

about all ya can do.

nk