[X4U] Fractions font seen in Help and Safari

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Wed Nov 23 20:03:01 PST 2005

Hi all,

I'm getting what looks like fractions for my body text in my Help menu and
Safari windows. Headings etc are mostly OK. I believe it is substituting
for a missing variant of Helvetica.

I'm on 10.4 and maverickly trashed all fonts except the 5 city fonts that
I previously used to remove under 10.3.x. Apart from reinstalling I've
tried substituting fonts etc but just can't get it to work properly again.
What font is required and put where (System/Library/Fonts?) to get it
working.

I also have a few designers in the studio (everyone else is on 10.3.8) who
are complaining of the same issue. I'm sure I never had this issue under
10.3.x removing the system fonts (apart from the 5) and I have no idea how
they could now be experiencing it now.

Your help is most appreciated!

Cheers,

Cojcolds