[X4U] RAM lessons even the stubborn can learn

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Sat Nov 26 08:51:09 PST 2005

On Nov 26, 2005, at 2:58 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

[snip]

> Thanks for sharing the tale, I must confess, it makes me feel a
> little better about my choice of RAM for my G5 2x2.  At the same
> time it makes me wonder, what is it about modern Mac's that they're
> so blasted touchy when it comes to RAM.  I've got high-end (Sparc
> and Alpha) workstations that aren't this touchy!  I've had my one
> DEC Alpha running for well over 400 days straight with out of spec
> RAM in it.
>
> Now what is it with the price of 2GB PC3200 kits for the G5
> PowerMac's?  :^(

2GB (1GBX2) DDR 400 PC3200 FOR POWERMAC G5 SAMSUNG *APPLE RECOMMENDED*
THIS IS A KIT OF TWO 1GB SAMSUNG ORIGINAL PART # M368L2923BTM -CCC

SAMSUNG - p/n AN4064U/1GB/Q2S-2  $259.00

At coastmemory.com

Not affiliated, just a satisfied buyer of a 1GB Samsung kit for $99.
(though currently it is $139)

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at cox.net