[X4U] Changing mice

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Nov 27 01:55:27 PST 2005

On Nov 26, 2005, at 10:23 pm, Charles Howse wrote:

>> You will need to download and install Microsoft Intellipoint mouse
>> driver from:
>> <http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/download.mspx>
>
> Ummm...there's no choice for Intellipoint.  There is, however, a
> choice for
> the Blue Optical mouse I referenced to begin with.
>
> Also, the drivers don't seem to be Tiger compatible - 10.3.x is as
> high as
> they go.

Although Logitech used to have a funky & extremely useful pop-up-menu
utility for the 3rd button (or scroll button) under Windows, I can't
imagine how additional drivers would be beneficial for a 3-button
scroll mouse under OS X. 3-button scroll mice are so standard they just
seem to work under any platform - certainly my 5-year-old scrolling
trackball has been just working since I switched to Mac 10.2 & plugged
it in.

Stroller.