[X4U] Tiger's Calculator.app no longer does percentages?

net kat netkat at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 02:47:06 PST 2005

No. 15% is *not* always 0.15. However, 15% IS always 15/100 x n,
where n is any value between -infinity and +infinity.

What we're really debating here is calculator behavior here.

There are other "understood" conventions in the world of calculators
besides this percent thing, such as when multiplying by a constant;
each subsequent time you hit the = key, you multiply again by that
constant. You didn't have to again enter the X key and that constant,
because the calculator is programmed to operate that way.

I'm pretty sure that you guys truly understand what this debate is
about, unless you're just yanking our chains..

you wouldn't be doing that, would you?

;-)

nk