[X4U] First-hand recommendations for data recovery?

DZ-Jay dz at caribe.net
Mon Nov 28 12:44:44 PST 2005

Linda wrote:
> On 11/27/05 1:01 PM, DZ-Jay wrote:
>

>>>I've used On-Track services with exceptional results.  However, they
>>>are a bit expensive (but recovering my data is not where I want to be
>>>skimpy).
>>
>>I just wanted to add that On-Track offers a free estimate, and will
>>give you a list of all the data found so you can pick and choose the
>>parts you want recovered.  They perform clean-room recovery, and are
>>very professional.  As far as I know, they have been a long time in the
>>business (I first used their services at around 1996).  I was able to
>>recover 100% of the data from a completely dead drive with a crashed
>>head and burned motor.
>

> I'd like to clarify this. I checked out Ontrack based on this post; however,
> there's no free estimate. The diagnosis/estimate is $100, at which point
> they tell you what files can be recovered and at what cost. If you choose
> not to do anything with them, you've still spent the $100 for them to look
> at the drive. And, per their email to me, data recovery *starts* at $700, so
> the minimum you'll spend is $800. That's of course less than some, and more
> than others.

Hum... Perhaps my memory is failing me, sorry about that.  But the
important thing is that I have used their services in the past, and they
were very reliable, and I would recommend them.  I have recommended them
before to other people (professionals too), and everyone I know that has
used their services has been very satisfied.

NOTE: I am not affiliated with OnTrack in any way, I am just very please
with their service.

	dZ.