[X4U] Is the topic of how calculators do percentages worth 87 posts to this list?

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Mon Nov 28 23:52:37 PST 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 09:14:05PM CST, Aaron <macuser at aarons.fastmail.fm> wrote:
:
: I joined this list recently after moving up to OS X (10.3.9).
: I joined to get (and perhaps offer) info relevant to the use
: of that OS.
:
: Approxiamately 56 hours ago, Eddie Hargreaves
: <meged at earthlink.net> posted a useful bit of info about a
: significant difference between how the versions of
: calculator.app under Panther and Tiger handle percentages.
: Since then, there have been 87 (yes, eighty-seven!) responses
: to that post, most of which -- judging, I admit, by a sample
: -- argue about the "right" or "usual" way for calculators to
: handle percentages, but contribute nothing to an understanding
: of how to get OS X (Panther, Tiger or whatever) to do what one
: wants it to do! (I don't mean to get nasty, but I DO mean to
: be critical!)
:
[...]
:
: I'm curious to know (without reading another 60 or so
: messages) to know if anyone has answered my question, which,
: IM(not-so)HO, does relate to the purpose of this list.

Wait.  You joined this list to get relevant info on OS X.

Then you explain that you are a bit peeved that there's
been dozens of messages that appeared to be irrelevant to
OS X.

Then you ask for an answer to your question, which you now
admit amy not be relevant to OS X.

Huh?

: P.S. Can anyone tell me how to set the preferences on my
: listserver.themacintoshguy.com account(s) so that I receive
: ALL messages from the listserver, including those I post and
: those Cc'd to me by the poster?
: The obvious settings haven't worked.

1) go to this URL:

2) click on the "Unsubscribe or edit options" button.

3) this takes you to the member options page:

	<http://listserver.themacintoshguy.com/mailman/options/x4u>

4) enter your email address and password, then click "Log In".

5) if all goes as well, you'll be sent to a special page where
you can change your list options, including carbon copies.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/