[X4U] Applecare

Phillip Deackes phillip at madgestevens.net
Mon Oct 3 12:13:21 PDT 2005

The free 1yr warranty on my 15" 1.67MHz G4 Powerbook is due to end in
Feb 2006. I am considering taking out Applecare, especially since a
colleague's 17" Powerbook has stopped working and he has been quoted
hundreds of pounds to repair it . . .

In the UK, even with education discount, Applecare costs £231 ($392).
Seems a lot to pay, but then sod's law dictates that if I don't buy
it, I will be paying out a lot in repair costs, and if I do my PB
will be fault free as long as I own it.

Is Applecare transferable to a new owner, should I sell the PB?

--
Phillip Deackes