[X4U] Alternatives to MS Word

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Oct 4 21:40:36 PDT 2005

At 7:07 PM -0700 10/4/05, Randy B.Singer wrote:
>For the many folks who have complained that they would like an
>alternative word processor to Microsoft Word, this news item is very
>interesting:

Maybe they should take a look at AbiWord.

http://www.abisource.com/screenshots/abi-macosx.jpg
http://www.abisource.com/download/

The download is only about 10MB, so why not try it out and see if you
like it.  It's been a while since I tried it, and from a 60 second
look, it looks to be getting even better.

On the downside, it has problems with MS Word documents with
"bullets".  Not sure what other problems might be hidden in there.

		Zane