[X4U] Text to speech on the iPod?

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Thu Oct 6 07:40:13 PDT 2005

My boss uses books2burn to turn html text of journal articles into
aiff files, then iTunes to make them 48kbps mp3 files.  It's not
exactly text to speech, but it may do what you want.

Info here:

http://books2burn.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps,

Peter

On Oct 6, 2005, at 9:29 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> Beside listening to music on my  iPod I would love to be able to
> listing to books, books in text form.
>
> One could of course to capture Text to speech on my Mac and then
> down load the sound file to my iPod, but such files would be huge.

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 2.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.4.2
pkrug at mac.com