[X4U] Simple Open code for Applescript

Brett Conlon/HU/Music-AU/SONY brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Thu Oct 6 21:41:21 PDT 2005

Hiya,

Any AppleScript boffins out there?

I'm writing a basic AppleScript droplet for a Photoshop CS action. The
operator will drop a file on the droplet, Photoshop will open the file and
run the action.... and maybe I'll have it do a few things before or after
the action too.

Everything is set up OK but I need the basic code for the "Open" part.
Sometimes the file may be a PSD or it may be a PDF, requiring Rasterising.

The manuals talk about opening specific file types (eg. eps/jpeg/psd etc.)
but I was hoping there was a simple code for just telling Photoshop to
Open the dragged file as it normally does, requesting rasterising or not.

Your help is most appreciated.

Coj

ps. yes, I tried creating a Photoshop droplet but I'm running a java
script within the action to save out JPEG files and whenever I use the
droplet the script fails with "Could not save because the disk is not
available". If I run the action from within PShop the java script works
fine. This is why I've turned to the AppleScript to see if it bypasses
this issue.