[X4U] OS X Speech capabilities question

Matt Gregory vdub.grego at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 07:50:23 PDT 2005

I don't use the Speech capabilities of my Mac much and haven't found much
online about it so I thought I'd ask the quick question here. My girlfriend
is in grad school for psychology and does a lot of interviewing and
transcription of those interviews which is very time consuming. I was
wondering if the built-in capabilities of OS X could be used to get a good
baseline document which she could then verify/modify. I know it can be used
to give commands to the Mac, but didn't know if it be turned on and just
read from audio-in and write to a document until turned off. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

matt.