[X4U] (no subject)

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Mon Oct 17 18:23:03 PDT 2005

On Oct 17, 2005, at 6:46 PM, mail at kirkmcvey.com wrote:

> I am having a problem with monitor profiles & fast user switching.
> When
> I switch to one of my other user accounts and then back to my
> Admin/main account, the screen gets all washed out. I'm using my
> Powerbook as my second monitor and 19" LCD as my main screen. I've
> searched online and the only solutions offered were to create advanced
> calibrated profiles that allowed other users to access them or delete
> any files containing com.apple.colorsync.profiles in the
> Library/Cashes/  and finally to trash the com.apple.finder.plist file
> and restart. None worked. I can't find any reference to the issue on
> apples web site. If it's there or if some one has an answer and could
> direct me, I would really appreciate it.

This is a known problem. MacIntouch has articles describing the
situation. Look for it under colorsync. The long and short of it is
that it hasn't been fixed yet but there is a workaround. The
workaround is in the May 20 section:  http://macintouch.com/
tiger18.html     Look for the article by Jodi Fairchild. Or you could
wait like me for the next OS update.