iPhoto overloaded (was Re: [X4U] Apple Aperture target Audience?)

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Thu Oct 20 13:14:18 PDT 2005

It was on my G4 PowerBook but I recently got a dual 2.3 G5 but I haven't
migrated the iPhoto data base to it yet so I'm expecting it to speed up but
from what I've heard it's still slow. But I don't think as a user I should
have to spend so much money and go to such lengths just to get iPhoto to
work. There should be a more democratic solution one that doesn't require
enormous amounts of power just for a cataloging program. There needs to be
something simple and fast that will run on a majority of average speed
machines owned by average users.