iPhoto overloaded (was Re: [X4U] Apple Aperture target Audience?)

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 21 06:30:36 PDT 2005

On 20 Oct 2005, at 4:38 PM, Steve Self wrote:

> Well, I doubt it is simple, otherwise it would already have been
> done. iPhoto has been portrayed as such, but I think many of the
> people describing the slowness are testing the limits of what their
> processor and software with LOTS of images can deliver.

             This brings into question Apple's filing system for
photos and music.  It seems odd to me to require the user to open a
library of thousands of photos to work with a few.   It's like every
time you open your word processor, all the text documents on your
system open also.  Or going into the public library and having to
take all the books off the shelf to look at a few.

             I'd rather have a system with which one can open only a
part of the photo or music library at a time.  This would speed
things up and demand less system resources.

                                                 Peter