[X4U] 20" Apple Cinema Display problem

Frank A. Pearsall narrowtrak at mac.com
Fri Oct 21 09:30:38 PDT 2005

Greetings:

I have a problem. I suspect it's  hardware, but want to see what
everyone thinks.

I'm running a PM G4 1.0 Ghz, 512 RAM with a 20" Apple Cinema Display.
I'm using Panther 10.3.9. Bought the computer and display in March of
2003 along with Applecare. Before I schlep it all the way up to the
Electronic Office in Asheville (35 miles), wanted to get some opinions.

About two weeks ago, the cinema display started showing a very thin,
vertical red line running from top to bottom on the screen. It's on the
left-center of the screen. It really doesn't bother me that much and
I've kinda-sorta gotten used to it. But never-the-less, its a problem
that needs to be solved. Applecare will  probably cover it, but I don't
want to be without the computer if I can get away with it. I guess I'm
secretly hoping that it's a software issue.

Any thoughts?

Frank A. Pearsall
Brevard, N.C.