[X4U] Still no luck mounting package

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Sat Oct 22 10:06:23 PDT 2005

On 10/21/05 11:51 PM, • Paul E. Miller • wrote:

> What does "code overrun" mean? I downloaded MacOSXUpdateCombo10.3.9.dmg to
> again bring my system up to date because of a recent crash. But I double-click
> it and instead of verifying and unpacking it I get the message: "code
> overrun." Also, when I had first downloaded this same update via Software
> update it wouldn't verify. I need to know exactly how I enable
> permissions...I've run Disk Utility to Repair Permissions.

Paul,

You¹re the same guy who a week or so ago couldn¹t get the NeoOffice .dmg to
mount on your machine too, right?

I¹m starting to think that something is really wrong on your Mac, rather
than with the downloads themselves.

What third-party peripherals do you have attached (tablet, mouse, keyboard,
hub, etc.)? Can you disconnect them/replace them with original Apple
components? Do you have an third-party RAM installed? If you take it out,
what happens?

If you create a New User on your Mac, and log in as that user, can you mount
the .dmg?

-Linda