[X4U] Still no luck mounting package

Rick Smykla rsmykla at verizon.net
Sat Oct 22 06:40:23 PDT 2005

Paul,

Two possibilities I can think of: either your download was bad, or
you have a bad RAM module. Do you have a Hardware Test CD that came
with your Mac? If so, boot from it and run the Extended test to
verify your RAM, etc. I recently detected a problem like this in one
of my MDD G4s in the lab. Removing the offending module allowed me to
do the Combo update without further problems. HTH.

Rick