[X4U] OSX servers and experience

Simon Forster simon-lists at ldml.com
Wed Oct 26 06:01:11 PDT 2005

I run some light weight hosting on a variety of Mac OS X machines
(none on OS X server) and all works fine. I have a number of clients
using OS X server on Xserves - one of whom apparently gets more DNS
lookups for his domain name than the rest of the .org name space put
together. Sounds good but I don't know how this translates into raw
stats. This same client runs email hosting on OS X and Communigate
Pro - but only for a few hundred users. I think he works on the same
premise as you - namely that the kit may be a touch more expensive
but he can manage the whole process himself.

Not clear cut but perhaps shows that there's mileage in this thought.

HTH

Simon