[X4U] permissions

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Wed Oct 26 16:37:18 PDT 2005

On Oct 26, 2005, at 4:13 PM, Robert Ashton wrote:

> Is there any way when I save a file in my  Public folder/Drop Box
> so that any file that I save into it has Read & Write permissions
> for Owner, Group, and Others with out having to get info and
> changing them manually.  Thanks   Bob

You should be able to do this with Folder Actions and an AppleScript.
10.4's Automator would probably make this even easier to do.

http://www.apple.com/applescript/folderactions/

http://macscripter.net/faq/folder_actions.php

Phil
--
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding
of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they