[X4U] does my PowerBook have a sleep disorder?

peter peterstj at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 29 06:23:00 PDT 2005

At 04:08 PM 6/20/2005, you wrote:
>I've had some strange behavior out of my PowerBook and wanted to see if
>anyone has experienced this or can offer any advice.  It's only done this
>twice and I can't recreate the problem, so the details may be a bit fuzzy.

         Here is something that seems to work, but this has no scientific
basis that I can cite.  So it may be pure fiction, but it works for me.

         When shutting the lid on a powerbook make sure it is awake.  It
seems that if it has already gone to sleep, shutting the lid confuses it
when it tries to wake again.

         As to transporting a powerbook, it would seem from Apple
information that transporting a powerbook while sleeping is okay.   The
manual does say to wait until the harddrive stops before moving, but when
sleeping, the harddrive should be stopped.

                                         Peter