[X4U] Safari ignores Internet connexion after Debug

Germain M. affaires at vif.com
Sat Oct 29 23:13:13 PDT 2005

Hello again,

What have I done? Last issue of MacWorld gave the tip to enable
Safari's Debug menu. I knew that some sites would not appear
correctly in Sfari and changing user agent would correct the
situation. So I enabled Debug menu. Changing the user agent to MSIE 6
did the trick for the site in question. After that I emptied the
caches, which had never been done since I have my iMac. Just after
that Safari wouldn't open any page. Message in the window says
"You're not connected to the Internet. Safari cannot load the page
since your computer is not connected". Well the iMac is connected
allright. What have I done? Have I corrupted Safari in any way? What
should I do now? Please hel pe cause it gives me the creeps on this
Halloween day. Reinstall? Getting rid of some prefs files? I'm
desperate.

Germain

iMac G5/1.8 mhz/512 ram
Tiger 10.4.2 français