[X4U] 160 GByte drive in Sawtooth (G4-AGP)?

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Mon Oct 31 05:46:11 PST 2005

I know that the ATA controller in the Sawtooth (my son has the 450 MHz
version) supports only 128 GBytes per drive. What if I put in a larger drive
but partition it? Is the limitation 128 MBytes per volume or for the
physical device?

His hard drive bearings are making ugly noises, but I think the machine
itself is still quite useful for surfing/chatting/homework/iTunes, etc., and
there's a 160 GByte Barracuda available at BestBuy.com for $40 after
rebates!

Jim Robertson