[X4U] 160 GByte drive in Sawtooth (G4-AGP)?

Fabian Fang ftf at mac.com
Mon Oct 31 07:15:49 PST 2005

On Oct 31, 2005, at 5:46 AM, Jim Robertson wrote:

> I know that the ATA controller in the Sawtooth (my son has the 450 MHz
> version) supports only 128 GBytes per drive. What if I put in a
> larger drive
> but partition it? Is the limitation 128 MBytes per volume or for the
> physical device?

The limitation is "for the physical device," as described in the
following Apple Support document:

However, I have two >128 GB drives in a Server G4 (Sawtooth), both of
which are used to full capacity through the ATA Hi-Cap Support Driver
in Intech SpeedTools, which is available at a good price from OWC:
<http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Intech%20USA/SPEEDHCCD/>