[X4U] Re: Lack of sleep

RR robertr71 at san.rr.com
Thu Sep 1 17:09:22 PDT 2005

Now now kids, no need to degenerate into OS religious fanaticism.
The fact is- Tiger is still better than Windoze (ugh what a dung
mound).  Panther was very stable but Tiger was railroaded out the
door! (mostly to collect some cash, which is ok as long as they
deliver something good)  I anticipate that 10.4.6 or 10.4.7 will be
just as nice as 10.3.7+.

In the mean time, Apple has gone backwards in many areas.  If you
haven't run into the bugs yet, you will, unless you're a superficial
user (mostly office automation, mail/web/wp/spreadsheet).  If you're
lucky you'll install 10.4.6+ before you encounter one.

But guess what, the lack of sleep problem that was the original topic
is REAL and impacts a very large number of users.  Just because you
haven't been whacked by it doesn't mean that all is roses at apple.
Spend some time on apple's discussion boards and you'll see that the
Tiger release was one of the rockier ones.  Zane's security
observations are legitimate as are the usefulness of widgets.
Someday widgets may be really cool, in the meantime they're stupid.
You may like em, but you use your mac differently than me.

Grandma likes her imac and tiger, but her head would explode if she
encountered one of the many bugs.  The good news for her is- most of
the bugs are "esoteric".  This sleep problem does not seem to impact
imac's.