[X4U] Re: Lack of sleep - What about widgets I wanna know

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Sep 1 20:47:10 PDT 2005

>Hi, very interesting thread. I followed every part of it. But
>concerning the Widgets. What are the pros and cons? Do they eat so
>much ram? I use them at times cause they're ther but it's true if
>they weren't there, I wouldn't miss them that much. So where does
>lie the truth: keep them or remove them?

Fire up the "Activity Monitor" and decide for yourself.  Back when I
was running 10.4 I did, and was horrified!  That and the security
issue is what really started my anti-Widgets stance.

As I'm typing this on 10.3.9 please don't hold me to these numbers,
but I think it's something like 30MB per widget.

		Zane