How to save QT trailer under Tiger [X4U]

James S Jones jsjones at mac.com
Fri Sep 2 15:23:42 PDT 2005

QuickTime 7 cache files are saved to subdirectories of
~/Library/Caches/QuickTime/downloads/

QuickTime 7 cache files (.qtch) can't be opened and played; the binary
format differs from previous versions. If that trailer can be viewed
with QT 6.5, then you could use that to save it as a file, or, there
are reportedly web pages set up that will save the stream out as a file
for you.

In any case, your difficulty is a feature (doubtless demanded by
content owners) of QuickTime 7, not OS X 10.4. It functions the same
way under 10.3.