[X4U] Lack of sleep - What about widgets I wanna know

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 2 22:36:52 PDT 2005

On 9/2/05 8:39 PM, John Baltutis <baltwo at san.rr.com> wrote:

> Quick data point. I have six widgets set to launch when I select Dashboard,
> all use 20-30 MB real memory. I left them on for three hours and their
> memory usage didn't change. If your widget's were consuming more than that,
> then there's something amiss in your system. What? I have no idea.

Yes, I believe there is something amiss and it's probably related to WebKit
because Safari also has a tendency to bloat in memory. When I created a new
user, and left the widgets running there, they don't bloat.

Unfortunately, there seems to be nothing I can do about it short of starting
from scratch, which I'm not going to do. Because my Tiger build is 8D37, I
cannot install the combo update. So I'm just waiting for 10.4.3 to be
released in the hopes it will solve the problem. But if anyone has any
advice (other than fresh install) let me know.

Eddie Hargreaves