[X4U] slooooow open and save

Jan Melichar janmel at mac.com
Sun Sep 4 00:28:43 PDT 2005

Ever since installing Tiger opening files via applications 'open' and
saving files has taken longer that usual (and slower than is System 6
days)and it seems to be taking longer and longer (I almost feel like
I have time to get a coffee!)I've run Disk Utility, repaired
permission, Run Disk Warrior but the slowness persists. I'm loathed
to reinstall - even archive install - and before I have to face that
I wonder if there is something I'm missing. Any advice would be welcome.

Jan

G5 dual 2GHz with latest system updates.