[X4U] Help with eject CD please

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Mon Sep 5 11:27:29 PDT 2005

On 09/05/05, Vicki Allwardt <vallwardt at mac.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to remove a "half" CD from my CD drive? It's the kind
> that looks like two sides of the CD have been sliced off. I foolishly
> inserted one into the slot of my G3 iMac.  It doesn't show up and will
> not eject.  Do I need a repairman now?  I tried the paper clip thing,
> and the restart holding down the eject key.  Nothing.  Thanks for your
> input!

Or restart/reboot while clicking and holding down on the mouse. Other
options are described in:
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=51008>,
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106752>, or
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/mh1750.html>.

One other option is launching iTunes (or other CD using program) and
selecting Controls->Eject Disk or hitting CMD + E.