[X4U] Consumer Reports

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Wed Sep 7 15:18:32 PDT 2005

This isn't necessarily CR's fault... Note that they are simply passing along
what computer owners themselves have reported.

We don't know how many total respondents there were -- 20% of Mac owners
surveyed might be only 2 of 10, and those two could be remembering a Word
Macro virus, for all we know.

Further, this can't be construed that viruses affect 20% of Macs! Note "of
Mac owners surveyed" -- CR does not do a random owner survey, the surveys
are by and large of CRs own subscription base, which isn't a true
cross-section of society.

So.. don't be too harsh on CR, but it would be nice to see them print the
"facts" in addition to the horse hockey that people report.

peace,
Linda