[X4U] Consumer Reports

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Sep 7 21:08:00 PDT 2005

Linda said:

>So.. don't be too harsh on CR, but it would be nice to see them print the
>"facts" in addition to the horse hockey that people report.

It would also be nice to seem them print some user feedback and
manufacturer feedback.  Note that there is no "letters" section in CR,
and no provision for manufacturer feedback, or followups to correct
misinformation.  This is CR's biggest problem; they don't take into
account any third-party information or input and they don't correct
incorrect impressions.

I've purchased products that CR has recommended, and they have turned out
to be garbage.  (Sometimes CR's error was that they probably didn't test
the products for as long as I had, other times it was because they were
looking at the wrong things.)  Could I write to CR and relate my
experience with those products and warn others not to purchase those
products?  No.  Could anyone else write in to CR to warn me about other
products that CR made a mistake in recommending? No.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html