[X4U] Consumer Reports

RR robertr71 at san.rr.com
Wed Sep 7 21:31:42 PDT 2005

And of course, because they're human, they're agenda driven.
Sometimes you can figure out their agenda, other times you can't.

Their car reviews work fairly well because they've invested a ton of
money to collect the statistics.  Sometimes their car reviews get
biased because the reviewers like yugo's and horses and think the
combustion engine is the single largest threat to the earth.  Other
reviewers are more even handed, you just have to pay attention.

Their computer reviews generally take many liberties mostly because
of the astronomical number of permutations in software/hardware/
accessories.  It usually works ok for the casual user, but often
there are much better options left unevaluated. The reviews tend to
be pretty superficial for my tastes.