[X4U] iPod Nano & iTunes Phone

Matt Gregory vdub.grego at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 11:28:32 PDT 2005

iPod Nano: I'd have to see one in person, but it almost seems *too* small to
me. I like my combination of 4G iPod and 512MB Shuffle. I was never too
crazy about the Mini either, so maybe I'm just not in that market.

iTunes Phone: Call me old fashioned, but I still like my phone to be a
phone, my music player to be a music player, my PDA to be a PDA, and (if I
were interested) my portable gaming machine to be a portable gaming machine.
I certainly haven't owned any of the cross-functional devices they've been
releasing and the only one that has interested me is the Blackberry.

> My thoughts are that Apple doesn't appreciate how much US consumers
> like flip-phones.
I agree with this to a certain extent. I hope Motorola did most, if not all,
of the product design on this phone, with Apple just picking up the iTunes
software for it. It would disappoint me if Apple designed this thing. But I
do agree that it should have been a flip-phone. I was moderately interested
in it, but as soon as I saw it wasn't a flip all interest went out the
window.

matt.