[X4U] iPod Nano & iTunes Phone

Simon Forster simon-lists at ldml.com
Thu Sep 8 15:17:37 PDT 2005

On 8 Sep 2005, at 19:28, Matt Gregory wrote:

> iTunes Phone:  Call me old fashioned, but I still like my phone to
> be a phone, my music player to be a music player, my PDA to be a
> PDA, and (if I were interested) my portable gaming machine to be a
> portable gaming machine.  I certainly haven't owned any of the
> cross-functional devices they've been releasing and the only one
> that has interested me is the Blackberry.

A sentiment I agreed with until I inherited a Sony Ericcsson P900.
Phone and organizer. A bit bulky but overall works very well. And I
like the fact that I can add little apps like a London A to Z,
Timeout New York for when I was over there recently etc. Can't
imagine life without it now.

As for the iTunes phone? Well. I have an iPod which sits at home 90%
of the time as I've only got room in my pockets for one device - and
that's a mobile phone. Notwithstanding the above para, I could see
myself with a rockr - I just don't know what its calendar functions
are like. Bet it doesn't have stylus input either.

Simon