[X4U] Tiger doesn't mount firewire volume that Panther does

Wayne Wilkin macsys at mac.com
Tue Sep 13 07:56:10 PDT 2005

Sorry don't have a solution, but I am glad that I am not the only one going thru this crap. I thought I was alone. I have multiple firewire drives, all lacie, different models. 2 porches drives and one vertical silver type drive. All have the same problems, all have the most current firmware. Every once in awhile I will get a message saying that the drive could not be recognized, do I want to format it, ignore it. I can ignore it, turn it off then turn it on and everything is fine. Seems to be just in Tiger, I haven't noticed any problems in Panther. These drives were all partitioned with Panther, I was wondering if the partitioning scheme changed in Tiger buy haven't been able to investigate, Wayne.