[X4U] Apple's "Mighty Mouse" - Am I the only one seeing problems?

Simon Forster simon-lists at ldml.com
Wed Sep 14 10:56:53 PDT 2005

Hi

I've got one of Apple's "Mighty Mouse". However, when I'm using it
the UI occasionally refuses to take most user input - typically the
keyboard stops working;  I can click on applications but they wont
come to the front; or they'll come to the front but wont respond to
any further clicks. Rebooting cures the problem.

I noticed this behavior shortly after getting the Mighty Mouse and it
got so bad earlier today that I reverted to my 2 button Logitech
mouse this morning. Since then my machine's back to its normal self.
No weird UI problems.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Smells like a bad device
driver but I can't find anyone else with problems so I'm somewhat
mystified.

TIA

Simon Forster