[X4U] New iTunes 5 - cool skin dude!

eleventhvolume colin at eleventhvolume.com
Thu Sep 15 10:29:50 PDT 2005

> But can you nest folders in iPhoto 5?
> I go to File/New Album and it creates an Untitled Album. If I try to
> drag it into another album, the line that indicates where it will end
> up, only bounces between the other folders, and does not let me put
> it INTO and existing folder.

You can put folders, smart folders and albums within folders. It's great!
Your question makes me wonder whether previously I tried to do what you are
now trying to do. You need to choose File > New Folder, not New Album. In
addition to the standard photo useage, I'm now using iPhoto to catalogue all
my visual design raw materials and my screenshots of interesting web design
collected over the last many years. I didn't do this before because I didn't
like the idea of having endless numbers of albums to scroll through. The
availability of folders improves the interface no end. Though I don't think
that's the case with the iTunes implementation - at least not if you own an
iPod - as it makes the integration even less cohesive than it was before.

Cheers, Colin.