[X4U] UPDATE: Trouble waking from sleep and restarting....

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Thu Sep 15 14:15:00 PDT 2005

A spare hard drive is by far the best way to backup because you can
schedule a backup on a regular and steady basis. If you leave it to
manually backing up whenever you think you need to, there'll come a
time when something unexpected happens and you've waited too long
between manual backups.
I have been very pleased with two external firewire Mercury Elite
drives purchased at OWC. Not the cheapest available, but one of the
things they come bundled with is the OEM version of Intech's
SpeedTools Utilities. of which QuickBack is an excellent, IMHO,
backup utility which can be easily scheduled to produce bootable,
full or incremental backups.
There are freewares and sharewares that also provide scheduled
backups, but because I have QuickBack, I prefer using it.