[X4U] Bad iMac video: which symptoms to qualify for Apple extended warranty

Germain M. affaires at vif.com
Sat Sep 17 08:50:29 PDT 2005

Hello,

What are the symptoms of a bad iMac G5 video? Mine has probably no
problems but I want to be sure just in case or for prevention. The
only thing that bothers mewith my iMac video is that the LCD screen
has never been vivid or crisp like some LCD pannels I see in  stores,
which are connected mostly to PC's. I created one or two profiles
using Apple's own colorsync utility (expert mode) but the result is
not very satisfying to my eye. Could be that I don't master quite
fully this utility. Anyhow, what would the LCD pannel do if there
were a faulty video. By the way, would it be the video card? Also can
the iMac play a DVD in Dolby 5.1. if I hook up one of these home
theatre genre speakers that can be found in any big stores?

Thanks a million times

Germain
iMac G5/1.8 mhz/512 ram
Tiger 10.4.2 français