[X4U] Drive Genius

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Sep 20 22:15:02 PDT 2005

Eddie Hargreaves said:

>I reviewed version 1.1 for macCompanion:
>http://www.maccompanion.com/archives/may2005/Software/DriveGenius.htm

Excellent review Eddie.  I agree with it completely.

MacAddict made Drive Genius a Recommended Product, but I can't figure out
why.  DG does a lot of things, but by and large there are utilites that
do each task better than DG, assuming that you even need them.

I would much rather have Disk Warrior than DG for drive repair.

I would rather use iDefrag for defragmentation, as it is more
sophistocated.

Carbon Copy Cloner is free, and completely adequate for cloning a drive.

I'm not sure that I would ever use a utility to change partitions on the
fly.  And there are cheaper utilities than DG to do so.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html