[X4U] Mac Help doesn't

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Wed Sep 21 11:38:45 PDT 2005

This may be the consequence of directory damage (see my other post entitled
"Whither my Desktop", but I've seen other recent posts reporting similar
problems, so I'm posing this as a separate question.

When I open Mac help from the Help Menu in the Finder, nothing appears in
the window except the cursor asking me to enter text in the inquiry field.
When I DO enter text (even the simplest question), I get the spinning beach
ball.

If, when the window first opens, I click on the Home icon, I get the Mac
Help home page, but if I click any of the links, nothing happens except the
beach ball spins.

Curiously, if I select another application from that popup, then select a
link for another application's help table of contents, those links within
the help viewer DO work.

Is this likely the result of directory damage?

Jim Robertson