[X4U] Epson Stylus Photo 1290 and Photoshop

Thomas Noel tnoel at mac.com
Wed Sep 21 14:23:20 PDT 2005

Convert the image to the actual size desired on the print (ie. 8 x 10
on a 8.5x11 paper) Image>Image Size. Then File>Print with Preview. In
the print settings dialog DO NOT check (Center Image) or (Scale to
Fit Media). This then allows you to change the otherwise greyed out
values in the boxes above to correctly center the image on the
printed page. I think the problem is the print driver tries to center
the image in what it believes to be the printable area of the page,
excluding a larger non-printable area on the bottom. Epson printers
can print closer to the sides and top than to the bottom.

On Sep 21, 2005, at 12:53 PM, Simon Forster wrote:

> I wonder if someone can help with what is almost certainly a
> trivial problem - once you know the fix!
>
> Printing from photoshop to an Epson Stylus Photo 1290. Shrink to
> fit etc. The bottom border is always significantly bigger than the
> top, left or right borders. This is not too much of an issue except
> when printing landscape - and then you get a large border on the
> right throwing the image off centre. The client swears this worked
> fine in OS 9 but having looked all over the place, I'm damned if I
> can see how to fix this.

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family -- in
another
city