[X4U] External FireWire Booting Problem

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Mon Sep 26 14:43:00 PDT 2005

 At my house - created a perfectly good working carbon clone copy of my
Panther 10.3.9 -  system on a Seagate external FireWire drive...

-  boosts perfectly well at my house ( G4 dual 1.25)

-  I took it to my friend's house and the drive showed up properly using his
older Jaguar 10.2.8 system on his older Emac g4 700...

-  we were able to read and write from the drive - no problem

-  then we went to system preferences and chose the startup drive to be the
external....

-  problem: when we restarted - all that came up was a large circle with a
slash through it -  and the endless spinning cursor... Needless to say the
drive never did boot-up...

-  personally - I have never seen this problem before... Any ideas have a
get his computer to boot up on the external FireWire?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com
[db-lists]