[X4U] Dialing into Windows Server

DZ-Jay dz at caribe.net
Wed Sep 28 02:08:14 PDT 2005

On Sep 27, 2005, at 10:52, Richard Gilmore wrote:

> What kind of Windows server are they using? (2003 is difficult to work
> with)

I believe its Windows 2000.

> Can you connect to the share from a Mac plugged into the network at
> work?
> (Requires a laptop or dragging you machine to work to test)

Haven't checked.

> Can you FTP to the share from home?

Well, the thing is that I am trying to gain access to the LAN itself by
dial-up -- its not to access a particular share, but to be able to use
all our Network resources (since our various servers are behind a
firewall that can only be accessed from the inside.)  Windows machines
can dial-up very easily -- the only difference is that in Windows you
have that "Log-on to network" check-box which automatically logs you
into the domain, while in my Mac network configs there is no such
thing.

	dZ.