[X4U] Why can't Windows users open my pdf files?

Richard Clark mawgadog at tin.it
Wed Sep 28 04:12:01 PDT 2005

I had the same problem recently, I sent a mail with one pdf file on
it that i made using print and pages, saved it to the disk took it to
a windows computer and acrobat would open if the file was double
clicked but it was telling me the file was corrupt or something and i
couldn't open it. I left the file on the computer and the owner of
the computer later told me she got it to open, I think it was by
saving it on the desktop and then using the open command in Acrobat.
It turns out for some reason if it was doubleclicked Acrobat would
say it was defective but if you used the open command of the same
acrobat to open it there were no problems. Pretty Strange.

Richard