[X4U] Re: Panther Perma-delete

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Thu Sep 29 16:03:09 PDT 2005

We just had a big thread on this subject trying to un-delete files that were
trashed and the consensus seemed to be that it was impossible or at the
least very difficult even using regular delete. I had some files I
accidentally deleted using the normal delete and I was told there was more
or less no hope. Restore from backup I was told. Now you're telling me you
used the Secure Empty trash and you were able to recover files after that
was done??? If this is what happened this makes me mad because I lost some
important files that I was trying to un-delete way back in the summer so I
just gave up on them. The particular machine I was on has been used and used
and used since then so I doubt there's anything there to recover now but it
makes me mad thinking now that maybe there actually was a way to recover
those files after all. How good is the trash anyway???