[X4U] Weird Ram Disappearing Problem

Colt Freeman cfreeman at liberty.edu
Thu Sep 29 16:26:28 PDT 2005

Hey,
I'm running the 2nd edition Dual 2.3ghz G5 with 2.5gb of ram, for some
reason I've seen a large increase in ram used when I'm running nothing else
other than finder. I use no widgets, I used to sit at around 700s to run
just this and have plenty to use for FCP(studio) and Photoshop, lately I'm
noticing I'm running around 1.2GB to run just the OS, whats goin on? I
recently installed all the updates for FCP Studio and that broke the
programs so I reinstalled from my discs and they seem to be working
correctly just slowly.

I was also hoping this re-install would allow me to use MPEG Streamclip and
DiVA, but when I select convert with quicktime and then run it, the program
crash's. I can export with Divx but it only shows green...

Anyhelp would be nice, please CC me so that I get it before the Digest comes
back to me..

Thanks,
-Colt